Cliffs Over Dover , COD

A single forum dedicated to all other non Microsoft flight simulation games

Cliffs Over Dover , COD

Postby Ian Warren » Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:26 pm

This is a flight simulator and a combat Flight Sim at that , that is picking up some interest again, many simply have not seen the graphics nor really followed it but even now for a 'Battle of Britain' combat simulation still really is the 'bees knees' B-) .. So it will be a new install for me and a return to the combat sky's over the channel. ;)
Ian Warren
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Re: Cliffs Over Dover , COD

Postby Splitpin » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:05 pm

Look forward to some screens Ian.
As you said , these are combat based sims (DCS ,IL2) but the level of detail is just amazing. If you use them to the max , the aircraft systems alone are modeled like no other Ive seen .
The scenery is limited , but it fits with the sim ... and its growing .

Will be grabbing this myself soon (COD) .... and Im looking at "rise of flight" as well , just need to get the Viggen sorted first :huh:
OnlineUser avatar
Splitpin
NZFF Pro

Postby Ian Warren » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:16 pm

Cliffs Over Dover and the Rise of Flight are real Winter warmers , maybe more the COD , amazing how time fly's and suddenly interest picks up on these programs, they are fun tho.
Ian Warren
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Postby Splitpin » Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:46 pm

Ian, is your COD on steam? I'm trying to find a non-steam version.
OnlineUser avatar
Splitpin
NZFF Pro

Postby Ian Warren » Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:55 pm

YES , it is a Steam version , found no affect or least last time installed ... It is friggen fun tho ... I'm sure you don't have to be on the net for it to run ..
Ian Warren
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Postby Splitpin » Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:59 pm

OK , where did you download it ?
OnlineUser avatar
Splitpin
NZFF Pro

Postby Ian Warren » Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:18 pm

Mine was a cheap $0.43 NZ cent D/load from JUSTFLIGHT .. had a real joke about that few years back :D
Ian Warren
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Postby Dinga » Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:48 pm

Splitpin wrote:Ian, is your COD on steam? I'm trying to find a non-steam version.

This is a Steam game and team fusion are in the process of improving it.They have struck up a partner ship with IC game studios to add a lot more content.
Dinga
Forum Addict

Postby Ian Warren » Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:04 pm

I found no issues compared to what others were saying regard to the game , I simply to the 'steam' on my chin and really enjoyed it , did not notice it being slow which was one of the biggest Cry's, maybe some people simply don't have a good internet connection and expect more?
Ian Warren
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Postby Dinga » Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:14 am

COD was released early, and had a lot of bugs. It was needing a lot of computer power to run it,and people gave up on it basically. Then along came the Team Fusion guys and they managed to improve the game. When you get the game you need to have there patches which you also get from steam. With out those TF patches it will not start.I hope they do keep developing this title.The latest news looks encouraging.
Dinga
Forum Addict

Postby Ian Warren » Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:37 am

Dinga wrote:COD was released early, and had a lot of bugs. It was needing a lot of computer power to run it,and people gave up on it basically. Then along came the Team Fusion guys and they managed to improve the game. When you get the game you need to have there patches which you also get from steam. With out those TF patches it will not start.I hope they do keep developing this title.The latest news looks encouraging.

I think I may have come into it later, after the bug solving then, Yes indeed this really is a fun program and I really do hope more is is going to built , sounds brilliant news Dinga.
Ian Warren
NZFF Pro

Topic author

Return to Other Flight Simulator Games